A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies on sites we build to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website however.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Cookies used on our sites
What we use them for
This is used by Google Analytics to calculate visitors, session, campaign data, etc… Expiration time is set to 2 years and it resets each time when visitor hits a page. No personal information or data is stored
Described by Google as “Used to throttle request rate”(no more information is available about this cookie). Expires in 10 mins
Used to enable the website administrators to maintain the site. They are not seen or used by visitors to our site.
How to manage cookies
Our cookies do not store financial information, or information which is capable of directly identifying you (such as your name or address). Cookies simply allow our website to retrieve this information in order to personalise and improve your experience of our website.
However, if you wish to restrict, block or delete cookies provided by our site – or any other website - you can use your browser to do this. Each browser is different so check the ‘Help’ menu of your particular browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences, or use the following on your particular browser.
Please bear in mind that if you do this, certain personalised features of this website and others cannot be provided to you.
- Click on the ‘burger menu’ icon (three horizontal lines, one above each other), within Firefox - this is located to the right of the address bar
- Select Preferences
- Select the Privacy panel from within the pop up
- From the History section, change the “Firefox will” drop down select and “Use custom settings for history
- ”Un-check “Accept cookies from sites”
- Click OK
- Click on the ‘burger menu’ icon (three horizontal lines, one above each other), within Chrome - this is located to the right of the address bar
- Select “Settings” Client on the “Show advanced settings” link to unveil the additional settings
- Click “Content Settings” in the “Privacy” section
- A pop up will appear, and under the “Cookies” section select “Block sites from setting any data”
- Click the gear-wheel icon in the top right corner of the browser
- Click Internet Options
- Navigate to the Privacy Tab
- Set the slider to “High” or above
- Click OK to confirm
- Go to Safari Preferences (Cmd ,)
- Click the “Privacy” icon
- Choose “Cookies and website data” as “Always block”
- Close window
Third Party Cookies
To help improve your experience of our site we use content from Google Maps on our contact page.
What their cookies are used for
If you wish to learn more about cookies in general and how to manage them, visit www.aboutcookies.org.